Wednesday, February 25, 2015

JUST LET IT BE

Why do we constantly try to force events to bend to our will? I am finding it is better, for the sake of happiness and SANITY, to just let it be. Work as hard as you can for what you want, but then let the chips fall where they may. If a person is constantly fighting to achieve the impossible they cannot fully enjoy today, enjoy the here and now. Trying to change your fate forces you to live in the future, constantly worrying about when your life's direction is going to veer off to another place. This is no way to live, no way to experience the sheer joy of breathing and laughing and loving.

After a couple of months of working to begin a new career path, I have come to one simple conclusion; I am going to end up exactly where I belong. Yes, there is a specific job I would love to acquire. But if that does not happen, then I stay where I am and continue as I've been living. And is there anything wrong with where I am? NO! My life is pretty good and although I know I don't wish it to remain stagnant, I have to stop forcing the issue.

When I begin stressing about events not coming along as fast as I desire, I simply take out my notebook and write. Losing myself in my greatest passion cements me in the present, without the need to stress or think about "what might be". Stress and worry robs us of the beauty and majesty that is life. Right now I am only concentrating on my "sphere of influence". Those events in my life that I have complete control over. All the other, such as a  new job, a book deal, or moving away from home, will happen at that exact moment that they are supposed to happen. And not a moment before.

No comments:

Post a Comment